Since the discovery of the power of lasers to remove old tissue and encourage new, healthy growth, they have been used across the medical board from the dentist’s chair to the therapist’s office. For over a decade, lasers have been safely used in dentists’ offices across the nation, and at White Smiles Family Dentistry, we are certified to bring this remarkable technology to Albertville, MN.
Because lasers are just concentrated light at varying frequencies, they work with your body’s natural chemistry, providing a safe and less invasive solution to surgery and chemically-enhanced treatments. Because of this, the general heal time is improved along with reduced swelling and pain. While this is true for the majority of patients we see, every person is unique and reacts differently to procedures, so it is important to discuss your options with your dentist.
We are able to use lasers to treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Tooth Decay – Lasers are able to effectively remove decay from inside a tooth, preparing it for a filling.
- Curing – We can use lasers to cure, or harden a filling after it’s been placed.
- Periodontal Diseases – Because lasers are effective at reshaping gums and removing bacteria, they are an effective way to treat gum disease.
- Biopsy – Used to remove a piece of tissue in order to test for cancer.
- Whitening – An effective way to whiten, we use a peroxide solution which is then activated by lasers.
We often suggest laser treatments as an option for patients who feel uncomfortable about the drill, but it may not be right for all. We will work to understand you, your anxieties, your preferences, and your condition before recommending any form of treatment. In this way, you get the best dental experience and a smile you can be proud of. Whether you need a laser gum treatment or teeth laser whitening, we can help.
Contact our office today to schedule your appointment!